Nov 2015 - Jan 2016
Sports Schedule Background Generator (not the most creative name) is a web app used to create background images based on a sport team's schedule. It's my introduction into the world of React, Redux, ES2015, and Webpack.
Node.js, React/Redux, Babel/ES2015, ESLint w/ Airbnb config, Mocha/Chai, Webpack
Golf Swing Analyzer
- Tracked golf swing from an overhead view.
- Used background subtraction and region segmentation to pick out motion of club head.
- Fit trajectory to a polynomial curve for analysis.
Python, OpenCV, SciPy
- Created a context-free grammar for a language with minimal features.
- Wrote a processor to generate Java ByteCode for a particular source file of the language using Java with the NetBeans IDE.
- Converted ByteCode files into Java class files to be run on a Java Virtual Machine using Jasmin.
Green Design Advisor (Senior Engineering Project)
- Project goal was to create a web application to advise organizations on how to make their products and processes more environmentally friendly.
- Designed a database schema to hold information to be retrieved by the main web application.
- Used various web technologies to create a tool for the client to modify the database.
- Met weekly with client to go over application specifics and receive feedback.
PHP, XHTML, CodeIgniter, MySQL, phpMyAdmin, jQuery
Object-Oriented Systems Analysis
- Worked with a team to create a Systems Requirements Specification document for the Columbus Department of Recreation and Parks.
- SRS was based on a needed update of a system used to keep track of trees in Columbus.
- Various UML methods were used including use case diagrams, scenarios, prototypes and class diagrams. Presented a section of our SRS to the client at the end of the quarter.
UML, Microsoft Visio, Pencil (GUI Prototyping)
Systems Software Design, Development, and Documentation
- Worked with a team to develop an assembler, linker/loader, and simulator for the RISCIE 560 assembly language.
- Used Visual Studio 2008 as an IDE, Google Code for project hosting and SVN for version control.
- Contributed to documentation written to complement the software.